Papad Seasoned with Chilies and Spices
- 5 sheets of papad
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 10 fresh red chilies, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 cup fresh chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted cumin seeds
- 5 tablespoons musturd oil for seasoning
- 1 cup oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
In a bowl, combine all ingredients for topping, including curry powder, garlic, ginger, chilies, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, toasted cumin seeds, salt and musturd oil; toss well.
On a deep frying pan, heat oil. Deep fry papad sheets, one at a time, until crispy. Do not over fry papads as they turn bitter in taste. Place fried papads on paper towel to absorb excess oil. Allow cooling for two minutes. Sprinkler three tablespoons of seasoned toppings on the fried papad. Serve immedieately.