Pistachio-Flavored Ice-cream, Nepali Style
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup khuwa (milk solids)
- 1 tablespoon cardamom seeds
- 1 cup pistachio nuts, shelled and crushed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole pistachio nuts for garnish
In a large pan, heat cream, milk, khuwa, cardamom, pistachio nuts and sugar. Stir constantly and allow cooking for thirty minutes or longer until the amount is reduced by one third. Take off the heat and allow cooling.
In a blender, combine the cooled milk mixture into a smooth ice-cream mixture. Pour the mixture into a bowl and place in freezer for at 8-12 hours. After the ice-cream has stiffened, add whole pistachio nuts and fold gently in the ice-cream. Serve immediately.